Workshop on Discrete Random Geometry 2013
Location: Comwell Hotel Varbergs kurort.
Dates: August 18-22, 2013 (Sunday afternoon - Thursday afternoon. Talks start at 9.00 on Monday and end no later than 17.00 on Thursday.)
The workshop starts with a dinner buffet on Sunday evening. The buffet is served 17.00-19.30.
Organizers: Johan Jonasson, Chalmers/Gothenburg University, email@example.com.
Johan Wästlund, Chalmers/GU.
Sponsors: NordForsk, via the Random Geometry Network.
The Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation, via the Stochastics for Big Data Sets and Big Systems project.
Confirmed participants (title of talk):
- Dimitris Achlioptas, UCSC and CTI-DIOPHANTUS (Geometry and navigability in random graphs)
- Omer Angel, University of British Columbia (Local limit of high genus unicellular maps)
- Mia Deijfen, Stockholm University (The winner takes it all)
- Alexander Holroyd, Microsoft (Self-organizing cellular automata)
- Eyal Lubetzky, Microsoft (Limiting shape and cube-root fluctuations of (2+1)-dimensional SOS)
- Olle Häggström, Chalmers/GU (Some reflections on percolation, mass transport, unimodularity and random walks)
- Jens Hoppe, KTH (Quantum geometry)
- Jeffrey Steif, Chalmers/GU
- Johan Tykesson, Chalmers/GU (Random interlacements and stochastic dimension)
- Peter Hegarty, Chalmers/GU (Multi-Agent Rendezvous, or, How to (re)build a Terminator)
- Timo Hirscher, Chalmers/GU (Consensus formation in the Deffuant model)
- Svante Janson, Uppsala University (Fringe subtrees of random trees)
- Anders Martinsson, Chalmers/GU
- Mariusz Hynek, KTH
- Maurice Duits, KTH (Limits of determinantal point processes near a tacnode)
- Jakob Björnberg, Uppsala University (Percolation in contact processes: sharpness, robustness, and applications to vegetation patterns)
- Bergfinnur Durhuus, Copenhagen University (On the number of triangulations of the 3-sphere)
- Klas Markström, Umeå University
- Sunil Chhita, KTH (Coupling functions of domino tilings of Aztec Diamonds)
- Cecilia Holmgren, Stockholm University (Bootstrap percolation on Galton-Watson trees)
- Sigurður Stefánsson, Uppsala University (Local limits of random planar trees and maps)
- Andrew Uzzell, Uppsala University
- Erik Broman, Uppsala University (Noise sensitivity and exclusion sensitivity applied to discrete and continuum percolation)
- Þórður Jónsson, University of Iceland (The harmonic measure on a critical Galton-Watson tree)
- Victor Falgas-Ravry, Umeå University (Connectivity of the k-nearest-neighbours random geometric graph model)
- Tatyana Turova, Lund University (Bootstrap percolation on a graph with random and local connections)
- Anthony Metcalfe, KTH (Universality classes of lozenge tilings of a polyhedron)
- Holger Rootzén, Chalmers/GU
- Olof Sisask, KTH (Random sampling in convex polytopes with applications to additive combinatorics)
- Eveliina Peltola, University of Helsinki
- Petri Tuisku, University of Helsinki
- Marko Korhonen, University of Helsinki
Contributed talks: Participants are encouraged to give a contributed talk. The length of the talk will depend on the number of talks, but an estimate is 35-45 minutes. Please send title and abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule: Click here.
Getting there: By train from Gothenburg 50 min. By train from Copenhagen airport
ca 3 hours. The hotel is a 30 min walk along the coastline from the train station. Here is a local map. For directions, one may also consult this website.