- Leader Wallenber project "Big Data and Big Systems".
- Chairman of the
council of the Stochastic Centre in Gothenburg.
- Member the committee for the Göran Gustafsson price.
representative for the awarding of the Swedish National Bank's prize in
honour of Alfred Nobel (the"Nobel price in economics")
- Member of the board for Institute Mittag-Leffler
- Member the Board for the Center for Finance, University of Gothenburg School of Bussiness, Economic, and Law.
- Member of local organizing and scientific committe for SPA 2018, Gothenburg
Centre leader, the Gothenburg Mathematical Modelling Centre.
- Member evaluation committee for Norwegian mathematics, 2011-12
- Member an evaluation board for Volkswagenstiftung.
Coordinator for Chalmers Initiative Seminars.
Mathematics representative, the Natural and Engineering Sciences Board
of the Swedish Research Council; chairman of the hiring committe for Natural
and Engineering Sciences; member of the editorial committee for Tentakel.
Member of the Chalmers Faculty Senate
- Member Bernoulli publication committee.
- Scientific committes: Nordic Research School in Båstad 1978;
Second World Conference in Mathematical Statistics, Uppsala;
Statistical Methods in Fatigue of Materials, Gothenburg 1998; Extremes
- Risk and Safety, Gothenburg 1998; Multivariate Analysis for Use in
Industry, Gothenburg 1999; Extreme Value workshop, EURANDOM 2000;
Extreme Value conference, Leuven 2001; Semstat 2001; Extreme Value
conference, Aveiro Portugal 2004; Nordic Summerschool in Insurance
Mathematics 2004; Fourth International Conference on Extreme Value
Analysis, Gothenburg 2005; Nordic Summer School in Insurance
Mathematics 2007; ISI satelite meeting on Statistics in Science and
Technology, Porto 2007; Lévy Processes 2007, Copenhagen; Extremes V,
Bern 2007,Extremes VI, Fort Collins, 2009, IMS annual meeting, Gothenburg, 2010, Extreme Value Statistics in Mathematics, Physics and
Beyond. July 2011, the Lorentz Centre, Leiden, International Conference on Quantitative Finance and Risk Management, Changchun, 2012, EVA 2013, Shanghai, Extremes in dynamical systems, CIRM, 2014, EVA 2015, Ann Arbor, Session organizer CMstatistics 2015, main organizer Probability-Statistics Nordic Mathematical Jubilee Congress 2016
- Member of the Semstat steering committee, Bernoulli Society Publication Committee, Bernoulli Society Nomination Committe
- Node leader SARMA, Nordic Network on Statistical Approaches to Regional Climate Models for Adaptation
Member of the advisory board for Mathematical Statistics, Chalmers
Member of the
board for the school of Mathematical and Computing Sciences, Chalmers
and Gothenburg University.
Chairman Department of Mathematical Statistics, member of the
board for the Mathematics-Physics section, Lund University.
- Member of the steering committe for an international masters programme in
Management of Quality Technology.
- Member of the board for
industrial contacts at Chalmers University of Technology.
Member of the scientific council for Chalmers Industriteknik
Member of the scientific council and the board for Chalmers
Finite Element Center.
Member of the council for A Stochastic Network.
- Member of the Chalmers and the national Swedish committees for appointing
Leader, the Gothenburg node of the TMR network
in Statistical and Computational Methods for the
Analysis of Spatial Data.
- Material structures seen through microscopes and statistics, Astra-Zeneca 2014--
- SemiFOT2, Naturalistic driving studies: SAFER, Volvo Car and Volvo Truck, 2010–2015
- Insurance risk, Realistic models for dependence: Folksam, one PhD position, 2010–2015
- Wind storm insurance: Länsförsäkringsbolagen, 1996–2009
- Pit corrosion analysis: Volvo Car, 1996–2004
- Computerized visual field testing for Glaucoma diagnosis:
with the department of Opthalmology in Malmö and Humphrey
instruments, San Leandro, California,
3 PhD theses, three patents,
the perimeter developed in the project is a de facto world
standard and is installed in about 10.000 clinics around the
world, 1982 -20010.
3-D tolerance management: with Volvo Car, Machine
and Vehicle Design at Chalmers, 1 Licentiate, 1 PhD, 1995 -.2001.
Data traffic modelling: with Ericsson, 1998 -2004.
Financial risk: with the Swedish Institute of Applied
Mathematics, 2000 - 2002.
Risk analysis for building structures: with
departments of Structural Mechanics, Solid Mechanics,
Structural Engineering, Quality Technology in Lund,
and Linköping, 1 PhD, 1993 - 1996.
Wind storm insurance: with Länsförsäkringsbolagen,
1996 - 1999.
Quality systems for sterility: with Mölnlycke
Health Care, 1 Licentiate, 1997 -- 1998.
Tracking of process optimum: with Borealis, 1
Risk factors and prevention of caries in children:
with the departments of Pedodontics in Malmö and in Chapel Hill,
1973 - 1983.
Last modified: Fri Jan 5 14:06:50 MET 2001