1. PhD thesis (co-adviser). Altai Almukambetov (Steklov Institute of Mathematics, 1987-1990 unfinished) Local limit theorems for critical branching processes with immigration.
2. Master degree thesis (adviser). Erahmet Zhumayev (Kazakh State University 1991) Multitype Branching Processes.
3. PhD thesis (co-adviser). Ali Falahati (1999) Two-Sex Branching Populations.
4. Bachelor degree thesis (coadviser and examiner). Erik Hjalmarsson (1999) Nord Pool: a Power Market without Market Power.
5. Master degree thesis (coadviser and examiner). Henrik Nilsson (2001) A primer to the Phylogeny of the Hyphoderna setigerum Complex.
6. Master degree thesis (examiner). Niklas Norén (2002) A Monte Carlo method for Bayesian dependency derivation.
7. Master degree thesis (adviser and examiner). Cindy Liu (2003) Age-structured coalescent.
8. Master degree thesis (coadviser). Tang Jing (2004) Beta coalescent.
9. Master degree thesis (coadviser). Liu Xiamo (2005) Selective sweep patterns of genetic variation.
10. Master degree thesis (examiner). Shruti Rastogi (2005) Evolution in Model Proteins.
11. Bachelor degree thesis (examiner). Freyr Hermannsson (2005) On the construction of standard and super Brownian Motion.
12. Master degree thesis (adviser and examiner). Emilio Bergroth (2007) A Critical Branching Process Model for Biodiversity.
13. PhD thesis (adviser). Maria Conceicao Serra (2007) Branching processes escaping extinction.
14. Postdoc Andreas Lagerås (2007-2008).
15. Guest PhD student. Cristina Gutiérrez Pérez (autumn 2008).
16. Visiting student (mentor). Alexis Huet (summer 2008) On xlogx condition for supercritical branching processes.
17. Master degree thesis (examiner). Zheng Cui (2009) Nemertea group and the DNA barcoding theory.
18. Postdoc Maria Conceicao Serra (2009).
19. Licenciate thesis (co-adviser). Krzysztof Bartoszek (2009-2011) Multivariate aspects of phylogenetic comparative methods.
20. Master degree thesis (examiner). Mukuhi Doris Gatari (2001) On incentives for managed investments.
21. Guest researcher Graham Jones (2011) Polyploidy models for phylogenetic analysis.
22. Master degree thesis (co-adviser). Exchange student Stefano Belloni (spring 2011) Spatially Structured Populations.
23. PhD thesis (adviser). Altynay Shaimerdenova (2011-2013) Exact asymptotical results and explicit formulae for some special branching processes.
24. PhD thesis (adviser). Krzysztof Bartoszek (2011-2013) Stochastic aspects of comparative phylogenetic analysis.
25. Master degree thesis (GU examiner). Gustav Alfelt (2013) Exploring a proxy to the CDS-Bond basis.
26. Bachelor degree project (adviser). Marcus Axelsson, Helena Jakobsson Larsson, Christian Söyland, Mattias Walla. (2013) Stokastisk modellering av artrikedomen i livets träd.
27. PhD thesis (adviser). Alexey Lindo (2016) Some computational aspects of Markov processes.
28. Guest PhD student. Carmen Minuesa Abril (June-July 2015, Sep-Oct 2016) Birth-death processes with interaction. Defective GW processes.
29. Visiting master student (adviser). Thibaut France (March-July 2016) Ecole Politechnique. Speed of coming down from infinity for death processes.
30. Master degree student (adviser). Jonas Jagers (Chalmers 2017). Galton-Watson processes with rank dependence.
31. PhD student (co-adviser) Sebastian Jobjörnsson (2017-2108) Optimal designs of clinical trials.
32. PhD student (examiner) Henrik Imberg (2017–2021)
33. Master degree thesis (GU examiner). Anna Samuelsson (2018) Financial factor models.
34. Bachelor degree project (adviser). Vilhelm Agdur and Daniel McKelvey (2018) Iterated random functions.